On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-...@yandex.ru> wrote:
> Btw, i'd prefer to patch setup.py once again to install them with
> '.sample' postfix. User will need to copy them into just `master' and
> `minion' to make it work. This will guarantee that user will not lost
> their configuration while upgrading salt to new version from ports.

I've updated this in the patch-setup.py and the pkg-plist as
suggested. This is starting to really come together, thank you!

At this point I believe all I have left is to write init scripts for
the minion and master and it should be ready to go. That reminds me,
what method should I use to include a short message on getting things
running post installation? ie; cp the .sample files into place and
update rc.conf, etc.

Thanks again for all the help!
Christer