On 01/11/2012 10:14 PM, Da Rock wrote:
On 01/12/12 13:59, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
On 01/11/2012 09:48 PM, Da Rock wrote:
On 01/12/12 13:01, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
I usually see this error when there is a command that doesn't belong
to a target. For example, if I create a Makefile that contains only:
echo xxx
I get the same error. So I think it is something in the part you
snipped out that makes this error happen.
Yes, I have run that scenario too and learnt from it.

The snipped bit is basically the same- but it works :/

I tried this Makefile, and got the same error.
all:
XXX= xxx
echo xxx
Putting in the assignment seems to split the command "echo xxx" from
the target "all:".

So it looks like you need to separate the assignments from the commands.
How do I do that, though? I have tried the assignment following the
commands (as it is now), but obviously thats not working either.

And why does it work in the other settings?

Maybe WITH_PAM is not defined.

But try something like this:

.if (conditionA)
XXX=yyyy
.endif
.if (conditionB)
ZZZ=wwww
.endif

post-extract:
.if (conditionA)
        @echo Doing A with ${XXX}
.endif
.if (conditionB)
        @echo Doing B with ${ZZZ}
.endif

@if [ -f ${WRKDIR}/etc/ldap.conf ]; then \
${MV} ${WRKDIR}/etc/ldap.conf ${WRKDIR}/etc/ldap.conf.dist; \
fi
.if defined(WITH_PAM)
PLIST_SUB+= PAM=""
.else
@if [ -f ${WRKDIR}/lib/security/pam_ldap.so ]; then \
${RM} -rf ${WRKDIR}/lib/; \
fi
@if [ -f ${WRKDIR}/usr/share/doc/nss_ldap-264/COPYING.pam_ldap ]; then \
${RM} ${WRKDIR}/usr/share/doc/nss_ldap-264/*.pam*; \
${RM} -rf ${WRKDIR}/usr/share/doc/nss_ldap-264/pam.d; \
fi
@if [ -f ${WRKDIR}/usr/share/man/man5/pam_ldap.5.gz ]; then \
${RM} ${WRKDIR}/usr/share/man/man5/pam_ldap.5.gz; \
fi
PLIST_SUB+= PAM="@comment "
.endif

Again, the indent is as is.