On 1/20/12 8:33 AM, Matthew Seaman wrote:
Actually, going back to the original question -- if this means not
having to .include<bsd.port.pre.mk>  in a reasonable number of cases,
then it might even be a win overall when generating an index.  (At a
guess.  Have to do some experiments to confirm that.)

        Cheers,

and in my dozens of days of ports pr/committing experience, I find/found, several ports that needed portlint fixed, and initially started to put in <pre/post> to get things to work, only to find that the python stuff dragged in played fast and furious with 'eggs', which messed up pkg-plist, which left eggs all over the place.

Dragging in <pre> when all you needed to do was drag in '<options'>.

Either case, from a pure theoretical case study, taking out one byte would speed things up.

(in theory, theory and practice are the same.. but in practice, it is often different)

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
>*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation