On Thursday 02 February 2012 13:11:58 Matthew Seaman wrote:
> I think I see what the problem here is:
>
> ===>>> Deleting installed build-only dependencies
> The following packages will be deinstalled:
>       pkg-1.0.b1
>
> The deinstallation will require 0 B more space
> Deinstalling pkg-1.0.b1... done
> /usr/local/sbin/portmaster: /usr/local/sbin/pkg: not found
> /usr/local/sbin/portmaster: /usr/local/sbin/pkg: not found
> /usr/local/sbin/portmaster: /usr/local/sbin/pkg: not found
> /usr/local/sbin/portmaster: /usr/local/sbin/pkg: not found
> /usr/local/sbin/portmaster: /usr/local/sbin/pkg: not found
> /usr/local/sbin/portmaster: /usr/local/sbin/pkg: not found
> /usr/local/sbin/portmaster: /usr/local/sbin/pkg: not found
>
> Ooops.

This means you didn't have pkgng installed prior to running portmaster? How
could it work from start, then (by the way, in the future this will have a
solution directly in base)?

> Also that deinstall list should have several more packages on it, not
> just pkg-1.0.b1.

That's fine. See the error messages? It means you had 7 more packages to
deinstall. By the way, the updated patch on github deleted them all at once.
--
Alberto Villa, FreeBSD committer <avi...@freebsd.org>
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

After a number of decimal places, nobody gives a damn.