Alexander Leidinger wrote:
When I made the EXPLICIT_PACKAGE_DEPENDS patch, I noticed that there is
not only libtool at fault (reaction of the libtool developers was IIRC:
it's not trivial to fix known problems for the cross-building case (for
libtool-1.x?)), but also pkg-config and similar things

Yes, I know, it's correct what you say, but this doesn't prevent to improve things. I'm not saying that tomorrow we'll have a perfect ports tree where all and only direct dependencies will be listed, but if we don't even start... Currently we have exactly the opposite case: ports that have direct (maybe not needed) dependencies to libraries that are not recorded in Makefiles. This is the root cause of "portmaster -r" or aggressive bumps.

--
Alex Dupre