On 04/09/12 21:56, Mel Flynn wrote:
On 4/10/2012 04:02, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:

1.  Don't worry about it.  tinderbox builds will never build port A in
the presence of package B.

2.  Have the Makefile of port A detect whether package B is installed,
and if it is then add B as a dependency of A.

3.  Cripple the configure in port A so that it doesn't autodetect for
package B.  (Sometimes this can be done using a suitable CONFIGURE_ARGS,
but not in my particular situation.)

4. Add OPTION PACKAGE_B. And cripple configure through EXTRA_PATCH if
set to off.

Package B doesn't seem to offer any extra functionality to port A. I ended up going with option 3, because it turned out to be easier than I thought it would be.