On 04/23/12 14:59, Warren Block wrote:
On Mon, 23 Apr 2012, Andrea Venturoli wrote:

I have a Radeon card, so, does this mean I will get xorg-server? Any
way to get 1.10? Any advantage into this?

A Radeon 4650 is working fine here with xorg-server 1.10.6 and mesa
7.11. So far there are no Firefox title bar artifacts like there were
occasionally with the earlier version.

I can confirm this (HD 4200).
The glitches I had with the previous version (notice I was using WITHOUT_NOUVEAU) seems to be gone.

Yes, replace it with WITH_NEW_XORG=yes. Then rebuild graphics/libdrm,
xorg-server, xf86-input-*, xf86-video-*, and... a few other things I
should have taken notes on.

Right now I just upgraded to a plain version (no WITH_NEW_XORG).
Is it documente anywhere what advantages I would get with this var?

 bye & Thanks
        av.