On 22-5-2012 23:48, Warren Block wrote:
On Tue, 22 May 2012, Gök?in Akdeniz wrote:

If you downgrade "cairo port" it will be ok. If you update ports tree
with csup try portdowngrade. If not try to get the old version of ciaro
port as package, remove the new one and install the old one, then do
nnot upgrade the cairo port. That will keep things working untill a bug
fix is available.

Yes, so far so good. Downgraded to cairo-1.10.2_3,1 and have not seen the garbling problem again.

Just picking the last message in the thread.

I found a Xorg bug report about the cairo 1.12 corruption. I will investigate this more closely tomorrow since I about to fall asleep. It seems there is a issue in EXA. People with cairo 1.12 should try to disable that and see if that helps. I think that can be done by putting the line below in your xorg.conf.

Option "NoAccel" "true"

-Koop