On 28.05.2012 18:18 (UTC+1), Sunpoet Po-Chuan Hsieh wrote:
Hi,

Here's just a status update.

I'm working on GDAL 1.9.1 update.

That's nice to hear.

I plan to move perl/php/python/ruby bindings to separate ports.
It also removes dirty python hacks from the master port.

And the (slave) ports we would have to install additionally, if we want the bindings? Sounds reasonable.

BTW, it seems swig 1.3.40 is enough for GDAL 1.9.1.

So most people would only need 1.3.40 and not a parallel 2.0.x installation.

I can build ruby-gdal successfully with swig 1.3.40 and ruby 1.9.
But I haven't tested if the generated shared libraries are OK.

Good luck also with MDB (java) and the shared libraries.

Regards,
sunpoet

Thanks for the info and the work,
Rainer