On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 10:03:20PM +0400, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov thus spake:
Kaya Saman wrote on 06.06.2012 21:55:
[...]
How are you accessing the system? What port?
I have set it up locally, and can access it on port 8080:

http://localhost:8080

-jgh

That is exactly how I set it up which should actually just be this by
default....

When I had the service started initially I used:

service zenoss start

(just to add here: I didn't know that one could use the 'service'
command on FreeBSD and thought it was only RPM based Linux centric)

It was added since 8.3 if I recall correctly. It's the same that if you
run it as /usr/local/etc/rc.d/zenoss start.

I noticed that some of the other daemons hadn't started so I decided to
reboot.

Running /usr/local/etc/rc.d/zenoss stop/start after the restart still
didn't get the web-ui functioning??

Why you starting it manually? As far I understand you added
zenoss_enable="YES" into /etc/rc.conf, so it should start automatically
on boot.

....so I took the errors in the logs and posted here.

Am confused!

Ok, at least you are now connected with right people that using Zenoss
and actually maintaining the port. So I'm now going to shadow :)

--
Regards,
Ruslan

Tinderboxing kills... the drives.

In regards to the error, this sounds familiar with non-default zope.conf
files. If you have changed your zone.conf file, I would go with the default
configuration file, restart the service, and see if there is still an issue.

If there is no issue after this, please send us a unified diff of the
zone.conf files.

The reason I ask to do this, is that I changed nothing and it worked
out-of-the-box.

Thanks,
Jason

--