On 08/06/2012 06:34 AM, Bryan Drewery wrote:
> On 8/6/2012 3:00 AM, Doug Barton wrote:
>> I would also like to see us embed the distfile information, either in
>> +CONTENTS or in its own file. This information is very useful for tools
>> like portmaster to better handle automated distfile cleanup.
>>
>> hth,
>
> I like that idea. My only feedback is to make the auto-delete on
> deinstall be optional in bsd.port.mk. They may turnaround and reinstall
> it right away and not want to waste the bandwidth again.
>
> Makes sense for port building tools to wipe the old files on upgrade!

Sorry I wasn't clear, I use the information on the old package to delete
the old distfiles, after first comparing to the list of distfiles used
by other ports to make sure that it isn't in use elsewhere (such as QT).

In portmaster un-installing the port is a different option from
upgrading, and has a component of deleting the current distfiles if the
user chooses it.