Hello Dimitry,

thanks for your response and patches.

On 09/06/12 14:51, Dimitry Andric wrote:
> On 2012-09-05 16:45, O. Hartmann wrote:
>> Well, I tried LLVM/CLANG, but Cmake of the sources fairly fails many
>> checks especuially for OpenMP.
>
> Yes, it is currently not supported.  I am not sure if there are serious
> attempts to add it.
>

>> Using clang++ requisites the usage of the
>> new libc++ (CXXFLAGS+= -stdlib=libc++). But this fails with this error:
>> /usr/ports/devel/freeocl/work/FreeOCL-0.3.6-Source/src/parser/parser.h:118:15:
>>
>> error: no viable conversion from 'std::__1::basic_istream<char>' to
>> 'const bool'
>>                          const bool ok = in.get(c);
>>                                     ^    ~~~~~~~~~
>
> This is a bug in FreeOCL.  The istream::get() function returns an
> istream reference, which can't be cast directly to bool.  However, there
> is a negation operator defined for istream, so the line can be changed
> to:
>
>                          const bool ok = !!in.get(c);
>
> I have attached a patch for the port as I have built it here with clang.
> I didn't add the dependency on atomic_ops yet, but it should be fairly
> trivial.

I fixed that, I forgot the pkg-plist, also. Will followup the PR I sent.
it is a simple line:

BUILD_DEPENDS=  ...

> Note I also needed a fix for Mk/bsd.cmake.mk, otherwise the required
> ${CPPFLAGS} would not be passed along to CMake, and then the build would
> still fail to find the atomic_ops headers in /usr/local/include.

Is this going to be fixed with your patch in the ports tree?

I'm amazed by the speed you came up with the patches ...;-)

My port request can be found here:

and one for providing the OpenCL header:

Matthieu Volat also stated that there is another promising OpenCL port
"Portable OpenCL", pocl. It seems to have a better LLVM support by design:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/pocl/index.php?title=Main_Page

Attached you'll find my first naiv attempt to build a port-Makefile, but
I fail to fetch(1), since there is an authentication error while trying
to fetch from a HTTPS:// source.

My abilities in depp-insight-development are limited, so I'm happy if
some experienced developers could also look at those software projects
and help making a port ;-)

it would be nice having FreeOCL and portable OCL for comparison purposes
available on FreeBSD. I still have the hope to "lurd" more developers
and scientists back to FreeBSD. Never mind ...

oh
PORTNAME=               pocl
PORTVERSION=            0.6
CATEGORIES=             devel

MAINTAINER=             po...@freebsd.org
COMMENT=                Portable OpenCL - an efficient open source
(MIT-licensed) implementation of the OpenCL 1.2 standard.

MASTER_SITES=
https://launchpad.net/pocl/${PORTVERSION}/0.6.0/+download/

#CONFLICTS=             freeocl

CXXFLAGS+=              -stdlib=libc++

LIB_DEPENDS=            ltdl:${PORTSDIR}/devel/libltdl

#USE_GMAKE=             yes
GNU_CONFIGURE=          yes

USE_LDCONFIG=           yes

.include <bsd.port.mk>