On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Chris Rees <utis...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4 Jan 2013 20:15, "Ruslan Makhmatkhanov" <cvs-...@yandex.ru> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > as it was discussed earlier, we should add PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX (py27-,
> py32- etc) only if the port in question is the python library. If it's
> standalone application, this prefix should be omitted, because it's more
> logical and because user generally doesn't care what language needed app is
> written on.
> >
> > I'm particularly interested in procedure of transition wrongly prefixed
> port (security/zenmap). Package name transition is: py27-zenmap -> zenmap.
> Is removing PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX from port's Makefile enough? Should the
> port be rebuilt, to guarantee everything is ok? Thanks.
>
> You'll need to check dependencies too; Python and Perl deps should normally
> use PKGNAME.
>
> Rebuilding won't be necessary.
>
> Chris
>

>From the Porter's Handbook, and bsd.python.mk, there is no distinction as
to why this should be used or not. If there is going to be a change, I
believe we should first clarify if the change is required or necessary and
then document and update any existing ports.

>From our Handbook:
PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX Used as a PKGNAMEPREFIX to distinguish packages for
different Python versions. Example: py24-

and from bsd.python.mk:
# PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX
#                                       - Use this as a ${PKGNAMEPREFIX} to
distinguish
#                                         packages for different Python
versions.
#                                         default: py${PYTHON_SUFFIX}-

-jgh