What is the status of devel/icu?

I see on http://site.icu-project.org that

ICU4J 50.1.1 released on 2012-Dec-17
ICU4C 50.1.2 released on 2013-Jan-16

I keep following http://www.freshports.org/commits.php daily, generally
somewhat after midnight UTC, and nothing on devel/icu since I saw the update
for NetBSD pkgsrc, whose updates I also follow daily somewhat after
midnight UTC.

I checked devel/icu/distinfo, and the icu4c distfile is still on 50.1.1.

I'm concerned because the usr/ports/UPDATING file says all ports that depend
on devel/icu need to be rebuilt/updated.  Or is that due to a bump in the
.so.49 -> .so.50 file that would not be affected by a minor version update
such as 50.1.1 to 50.1.2?

> devel/icu has been updated to 50.1.2.

> Yes the updating entry concerned the switch from .so.49 -> .so.50

> regards,
> Bapt

Thanks for letting me know, but I had already checked
http://www.freshports.org/commits.php
before downloading my email, though I could have looked at the web version of
the most recent posts to po...@freebsd.org .

I suppose failing to update all ports/packages that depend on a recently
updated port/package could result in shared-library versions out of sync.

Now I can have fun with a massive portmaster run.

Tom