I notice a crippling bug in mail/mpop options: only NLS option appears in
dialog, while Makefile shows SSL/TLS-related options as well.

I updated mpop as part of
portmaster -r libtasn1
as prescribed in UPDATING file.

So I lost TLS support and can't download email any more, at least not with mpop:

mpop: support for TLS is not compiled in

So how do I get around this?  For now, I will have to use the mail archives on
the FreeBSD web site.

I even tried editing /var/db/ports/mpop/options directly with vi, and adding to
/etc/make.conf:

OPTIONS_SET.mpop=GNUTLS NLS

but nothing would make it stick, I still got the dreaded config dialog.

Or is something else broken in mail/mpop ?

How to set BATCH (syntax) for make and portmaster?

I need a way to configure options without ever again having to see a dialog!
Both for all ports and for individual ports, like my NetBSD /etc/mk.conf :

# Example /usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf file produced by bootstrap-pkgsrc
# Sat Nov 27 22:37:13 UTC 2010

.ifdef BSD_PKG_MK       # begin pkgsrc settings

PKG_DEVELOPER=YES
PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+= ssl inet6 cups esound ncurses sndfile gtk2 x11 fftw
PKG_DBDIR=              /var/db/pkg
LOCALBASE=              /usr/pkg
VARBASE=                /var
PKG_TOOLS_BIN=          /usr/pkg/sbin
PKGMANDIR=              man
WRKDIR_BASENAME=        work51
PKG_OPTIONS.msmtp+= idn
PKG_OPTIONS.lame+= gtk unicode
PKG_OPTIONS.gtk2+= cups
PKG_OPTIONS_vlc+= sdl
PKG_OPTIONS_cups+= threads
ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES+= socks5-license
ALLOW_VULNERABLE_PACKAGES=yes
SKIP_LICENSE_CHECK=    yes

.endif                  # end pkgsrc settings

Tom