On 02/21/13 21:07, John Marshall wrote:
On 22/02/2013 13:33, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr wrote:
On 02/21/13 19:47, John Marshall wrote:
On 22/02/2013 12:18, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr wrote:
Is anyone else having an issue with enigmail-1.4.6 (re)building with
mail/thunderbird even though it's not selected? I"ve had it not selected
for two updates now and it's still listed in add-ons. I'm wanting to try
the one from addons.mozilla.org but I can't enable it with 1.4.6
installed concurrently.

See /usr/ports/UPDATING for 20121010.

Enigmail is now (optionally) integrated with Thunderbird. You need to
delete the old Enigmail port before building Thunderbird.

I am aware of this, but the enigmail in ports causes current Thunderbird
to crash when you try to do anything useful with it (unless enigmail in
ports has been updated to 1.5.0). I don't want the enigmail in ports.
Period.

So you haven't disabled and deleted your old Add-on(s)?

You cannot delete the compiled-in-from-ports enigmail in that manner, I've tried, frequently.

- Disable and delete your ancient Enigmail Add-on from Tools-->Add-ons
- pkg_delete any existing Enigmail package you have installed
- Install the current Thunderbird port
   - without the Enigmail option if you don't want Enigmail; or
   - with the Enigmail option if you want the integrated Enigmail 1.5.1

Ports enigmail has been updated? My complaint with the former ports enigmail was it kept crashing Thunderbird.

--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL http://copyfree.org/licenses/owl/license.txt