On the first note, complain about the patches to the upstream, not to us. This
patches problem has been around since forever and so long the upstream
is not changing anything about it, nor do we. About rolling your own distfile,
I completely disagree because we do not know what the maintaner has changed,
and seeing it from the security view, I prefer to get all my patches from the
original mirrors.

- Martin

P.S. This is solely my personal view and does not reflect the official
portmgr's stand.