Am 06.06.2013 19:14, schrieb Chris Rees:
> On 6 June 2013 16:11, Ganael LAPLANCHE <ganael.laplan...@martymac.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, 6 Jun 2013 16:07:08 +0100 (BST), Anton Shterenlikht wrote
>>
>>> yes, this helps on ia64, thank you.
>>> Probably will help on amd64, will check later.
>>> Sorry for not thinking about is myself,
>>> I just tried to update with portmaster, as usual.
>>
>> Tested on amd64, I can reproduce the problem.
>>
>> I'll have a look at that, thanks for reporting the problem.
>>

> Usual approach is:
>
> CONFLICTS_BUILD= ${PKGBASE}-[0-9]*
>
> which clearly informs the user that's what s/he has to do.

What an unfortunate situation, and especially recommendation.

I'd propose that the build be fixed so it prefers the local headers from
the distfiles, rather than the older ones in the system.

Can we please put that into the porter's handbook as a test requirement,
à la "installed older version of the port must not break the build of a
newer version"?  This is a frequent nuisance.