Am 30.10.2013 15:02, schrieb Alex Laurie:
Hello all,

Only really just getting into FreeBSD but I am inspired to help out. I'm
not a developer or anything. However I do like to install and update
things. I though one area I may be able to help out is in the ports side of things. I have been through the Porters handbook and thought I would try updating some out of date ports to cut my teeth so to speak. Looking around
I don't seem to see anywhere with abandoned ports that need some love.

Any help or pointers?

You can start by finding out which installed ports are unmaintained, give
them some love and maybe become a maintainer. See

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2012-December/079880.html

for details.

Lars