On 11/5/2013 11:13 AM, William Grzybowski wrote:
On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Dominic Fandrey <kamik...@bsdforen.de> wrote:
On 05/11/2013 14:55, Chad J. Milios wrote:
<snip>...
Just happen to already have the dependency devel/py-boto (py27-boto-2.14.0) or
devel/py-pyzmq (py27-pyzmq-2.2.0) installed (and their port dirs since cleaned
up) when you try to install net/py-kombu (py27-kombu-3.0.1) from ports with
BOTO and/or ZMQ options. (In my case I have all its options on.)
...<snip>...
     Stop in /usr/ports/net/py-kombu.
     root@shikamaru:/usr/ports/net/py-kombu #
That looks like the dependencies in net/py-kombu are broken. I.e. they
refer to files that are not/no longer installed by the dependencies.

Actually, Dominic, the dependencies were referred to using the package_name/version_spec functionality rather than checking the existence of a target file. There was an error with the way the version requirement was specified which William has since fixed.

Did you get my email asking to try again after the last port update
fixing the dependencies?

YUP! Sure did fix it, William. THANK YOU for the super-quick response and fix. Sorry it took me this long to get around to a re-test for you. It looks like your fix did the trick:

28c28
< BOTO_RUN_DEPENDS= ${PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX}boto=>2.6.0:${PORTSDIR}/devel/py-boto
---
> BOTO_RUN_DEPENDS= ${PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX}boto>=2.6.0:${PORTSDIR}/devel/py-boto
32c32
< ZMQ_RUN_DEPENDS= ${PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX}pyzmq=>2.2.0:${PORTSDIR}/devel/py-pyzmq
---
> ZMQ_RUN_DEPENDS= ${PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX}pyzmq>=2.2.0:${PORTSDIR}/devel/py-pyzmq

Anyone spot the subtle difference? Darn. That went right under my nose.

Seems like a mistake anyone could make, with all the syntaxen floating around in one's head. I for one think it would be nice if make failed more spectacularly at the point it hits the =>. Is there any legal use of => in make? It seems that every occurrence of => in the ports tree is now either just part of some inlined perl code, part of human-readable text output or in a comment. Food for thought: I wonder what make is "thinking" at that point of parsing and executing. Can the make makers make make see that as an immediate syntax error without a drastic change that breaks Makefiles potentially in the wild? A question for far greater minds than I. Prolly already wudda if they cudda. Oh well, just another make gotcha for everyone to remember to watch out for.

Thanks again WG@ for fixing my issue within half an hour of my mail to freebsd-ports@ !!!