Please don't remove people from the CC line. I copied the maintainer on purpose.

On 12/25/2013 11:40 PM, clutton wrote:
On Wed, 2013-12-25 at 22:06 -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
The problem is that the bash.1 and bashbugs.1 man pages do not get
compressed, and therefore the package fails. If I add a MAN1 variable to
the Makefile with those pages listed, it works.

Doug

 From https://wiki.freebsd.org/ports/StageDir

MAN*/MANLANG/MLINKS now useless
manpage compression/uncompression is now automatically handled by the
framework if you use stagedir.

... and yet, that's not what happened here. Hence the problem report.

Take a look at my port: multimedia/ffmpegthumbnailer
I believe I did it right :)

It's not my port, which is why I CCed the maintainer.

Doug