On 03.02.2014 01:18, Scot Hetzel wrote:
On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 4:14 AM, David Marec <david.ma...@davenulle.org> wrote:
I don't know why this file was not updated during the hplip installation.

[...]
  if there were any changes to hplip.conf file, it doesn't get removed
when the port is uninstalled.  And if the file exists, it won't
overwrite your changes.

Did you customize this file before you re-installed?

No. But I guess this file wasn't removed when I requested the deletion of all the ports using 'pkg delete', once FreeBSD was upgraded.
But, at that time, the scanning switch was enabled in the file.

Does the hplip.conf.sample file have scanner-build=yes?

The only difference is the line I set up to fix the issue, after the (re)installation:
david:/<1>local/etc/hp>diff hplip.conf hplip.conf.sample
25c25
< scanner-build=yes
---

--