Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-ports-lo...@be-well.ilk.org> writes:

>>        It's not a sym-link, it's an evnironment variable:
>>
>> WRKDIRPREFIX=/data/port-work
>>
>>        This was done because certain large ports (e.g. libreoffice)
>> were eating up all the free space on /usr.  So I pointed the work
>> directory to /data, which has 200+ gbytes free.  This works fine
>> except is rare cases like this one.

I've seen some funny things with WRKDIRPREFIX too, but I can't reproduce
them. I've mostly seen it on my chroot tinderbox, which always runs with
WRKDIRPREFIX set because the ports tree is mounted read-only. The
tinderbox is currently broken for other reasons.

I tried unsetting the environment variable, and it died in exactly the same way. Which brings me back to:

>>        So ... how do I go about further diagnosing the breakage and
>> getting that to {maintainer, pkg-ng team} who can Do the Right Thing?

        Respectfully,

                        Robert Huff