On 2014-06-08 10:55 AM, Warren Block wrote:
On Sun, 8 Jun 2014, Jim Pazarena wrote:

No.  pkg is just a package manager.  It does not replace ports, it just
handles packages.  Like the old package manager, binary packages can be
downloaded and installed rather than ports, but the choice is yours.

Ahh.. therein lies the confusion. I have been compiling ports for many
years. However the compilations began nagging about converting pkg2ng.
So I investigated, and set the appropriate "WITH_PKGNG=yes" and ran
pkg2ng. But I never use packages. I always compile from ports.

So the warning appearing in each and every compile was & is very
misleading. Unless I am *still* confused !!