--On June 11, 2014 at 7:41:42 PM +0200 olli hauer <oha...@gmx.de> wrote:>
On 2014-06-11 18:20, Paul Schmehl wrote:
I used to use cvsup.  Then I switched to portsnap.  Do I now need to
switch to svn?

If so, is there a way to use svn to only update those ports that have
changed since the last update?  I've been using svn for a while to work
on port updates.  I know how to fetch the entire port infrastructure but
not how to only update those ports that have changed.  Portsnap can be
automated to keep ports up to date.  Is there a similar utility that
uses svn instead?

simply go to the root of your portstree and fire the command `svn up',
but watch the output for conflicts marked with a capital 'C'. Running
from time to time `svn cleanup' will keep remove dead metadata from the
.svn directory.

I did this and got the following:

/usr/ports# svn up
Skipped '.'
Summary of conflicts:
 Skipped paths: 1

So I did this:

/usr/ports# svn up svn://svn.freebsd.org/ports/HEAD/
svn: E205000: Try 'svn help update' for more information
svn: E205000: 'svn://svn.freebsd.org/ports/HEAD' is not a local path
[root@mail /usr/ports]# svn up svn://svn.freebsd.org/ports/
svn: E205000: Try 'svn help update' for more information
svn: E205000: 'svn://svn.freebsd.org/ports' is not a local path

Then I did this:

/usr/ports]# svn status
svn: warning: W155007: '/usr/ports' is not a working copy

Hmm.....so I thought maybe I had to co the ports first:

# svn co svn://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head/

After that finished, I did this:

/usr/ports]# svn up
Skipped '.'
Summary of conflicts:
 Skipped paths: 1

So then I did this:

/usr/ports]# svn status
svn: warning: W155007: '/usr/ports' is not a working copy

OK, now I'm really confused.  It seems that I've done nothing at all.

So what am I doing wrong?

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst