On 6/12/2014 6:42 AM, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 06:11:13AM -0700, Darren Pilgrim wrote:
Is there a way to determine the ports tree revision used for the current
public pkg repo?

Right now you have no way but knowing that we take a snapshot of the ports tree
at 1am UTC every wednesday and build on it

I'll cron the svn update to coincide. That should make the race window narrow enough to be mostly avoided.

With pkg 1.3 we will add some metadata to the repo specifying the revision used
We also to plan to add a "ports" package so pkg install ports will install the
ports tree used to build the packages

Oh nice! Exposing the revision number would be a really useful bit of info. I could easily grab that and feed it to svn.