On 25.06.2014, at 19:53, Frank Seltzer <fran...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jun 2014, Michael Grimm wrote:

>>> Some additional info.  I ran rkhunter -C on the default .conf file.
>>>
>>> -C Check the configuration file(s), then exit
>>>
>>> The SCRIPTDIR configuration option has not been set by the installer.
>>> Invalid INSTALLDIR configuration option - no installation directory
>>> specified.
>>> The default temporary directory will be used: /lib/rkhunter/tmp
>>> Temporary directory does not exist: /lib/rkhunter/tmp
>>> The default database directory will be used: /lib/rkhunter/db
>>> Database directory does not exist: /lib/rkhunter/db
>>> The internationalisation directory does not exist: /lib/rkhunter/db/i18n
>>> Invalid SCRIPTWHITELIST configuration option: Non-existent pathname:
>>> /usr/local/bin/GET
>>
>> Same issue here. Could you solve it? If so, how?
>
> I had to create all the missing directories and add INSTALLDIR=/usr/local to
> the .conf file.

Thanks and JFTR:

1. created /usr/local/etc/rkhunter.conf.local and added (copied from the 1.4.0
version config file):
        INSTALLDIR=/usr/local
        DBDIR=/usr/local/var/lib/rkhunter/db
        TMPDIR=/usr/local/var/lib/rkhunter/tmp
        SCRIPTDIR=/usr/local/lib/rkhunter/scripts
        USER_FILEPROP_FILES_DIRS=/usr/local/etc/rkhunter.conf

   Didn't need to create those directories, though.

2. Needed to decativate in /usr/local/etc/rkhunter.conf:
        #SCRIPTWHITELIST=/usr/local/bin/GET
        #SCRIPTWHITELIST=/usr/local/sbin/pkgdb

> Took me a bit and some head scratching to figure it out.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Michael