Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 12:27:48AM +0200, olli hauer wrote:
>
>> On 2014-07-05 19:09, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> given ports@ ist listed as maintainer, you get the email.  The Subject says
>>> it.  The world has moved on;  in March I had a hard time arguing, in July I
>>> just cannot anymore.  We must switch to 2.4;  whatever breaks needs fixing,
>>> but somehow other distributions have managed and we did not and keep
>>> screwing our users missing a lot of security features.
>>>
>>> Please fix!
>>>
>>> —
>>> Bjoern A. Zeeb             "Come on. Learn, goddamn it.", WarGames, 1983
>>>
>> Hi Bjoern,
>>
>> nothing against this change, except your complain comes a little bit late.
>>
>> The portstree was already tagged for 9.3 some days ago so this change would
>> be a possible issue for all users using the 9.3 packages.
>>
>> Before the default version can be changed a full expr. run by portmgr@ is
>> required and all possible issues should be fixed.
>>
>> Unluckily we have a rolling ports tree (not like RHEL and others where such
>> a change happens during new major releases) so there should be also a time
>> frame to warn users about such a change.
>>
>> I remember endless discussions about the removal of apache13 after it was
>> already deprecated nearly one year after upstream deprecation ...
>>

> Just provide the patch for the change and warn the user about the change, now,
> just do not MFH it to the quarterly branch, so the user willing to keep
> apache22
> for a while can live on the quarterly branch for the next 3 months :)
>
> I don't see the problem for the people using 9.3 packages, if they want
> stability they will stay on quarterly branch which still provides by default
> apache22 for 3 month.
>
> Hopefully when pkg 1.3 will land we will be able to add new feature to the
> ports
> tree aka build the apache module for all supported apache version leading to
> anyone using package being able to chose the apache version they what whatever
> the default is (but we are not there yet :))

One would have hoped that mod_perl2 would have had this removed first:

.if ${APACHE_VERSION} > 22
BROKEN= Does not build with apache24
.endif

Just my small (557 packages) build set:

====>> Skipped ports: devel/bugzilla44 devel/p5-Log-Dispatch
www/p5-Apache-DBI www/p5-HTML-Mason www/p5-HTML-Mason-PSGIHandler
www/p5-MasonX-Profiler www/p5-RT-Authen-ExternalAuth www/p5-libapreq2
www/rt40

Michelle

--
Michelle Sullivan