On 12/11/2014 11:53 PM, Matt Smith wrote:
Somebody has let me know that I made an obvious mistake in the above. I
meant that the default rcorder is to run Unbound first followed by NSD.
So to clarify I think in the default situation Unbound starts first,
contacts NSD and gets no answer because it hasn't been started yet and
then fails in some way.  Whereas if NSD is running first then Unbound is
happy.

Unbound requires SERVERS, but nsd requires LOGIN, a much later checkpoint.

The fix would be adding an rcorder override mechanism whereby one could specify additional constraints (like unbound REQUIRE nsd). If there's interest for this, I can see about a patch.