I was not informed of the discussion, because as I had stated you need to cc my
email should you wish that I receive notification of your answers.

Anyway, the purpose of my attempt to use the port was to try and solve a
long-standing problem: I cannot find a way to connect libreoffice-base to
mysql. LO Base can connect to external DB server, if a proper driver is
supplied. JDBC is a more appropriate driver than ODBC, but a driver LO can use
on FreeBSD does not seem to exist. The LO add-ons page has JDBC for LÄ°nux, but
that extension does not install on FreeBSD.

I was able to connect math/gnumeric for example through the use of Gnome's DB
connection component databases/libgda5-mysql, but that does not seem to work
for libreoffice. As another example, KDE's Kexi program is also able to connect
to the MySQL server. On the other hand, some solutions suggest installing
"com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/, but
that does not make a whole lot of sense to me.

Regards.

--
FreeBSD_amd64_11-Current_RadeonKMS
Please CC my email when responding, mail from list is not delivered.