On 07/13/14 17:46, Michelle Sullivan wrote:
Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 12:27:48AM +0200, olli hauer wrote:
On 2014-07-05 19:09, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
Hi,

given ports@ ist listed as maintainer, you get the email.  The Subject says it.
 The world has moved on;  in March I had a hard time arguing, in July I just
cannot anymore.  We must switch to 2.4;  whatever breaks needs fixing, but
somehow other distributions have managed and we did not and keep screwing our
users missing a lot of security features.

Please fix!

—
Bjoern A. Zeeb             "Come on. Learn, goddamn it.", WarGames, 1983
Hi Bjoern,

nothing against this change, except your complain comes a little bit late.

The portstree was already tagged for 9.3 some days ago so this change would be
a possible issue for all users using the 9.3 packages.

Before the default version can be changed a full expr. run by portmgr@ is
required and all possible issues should be fixed.

Unluckily we have a rolling ports tree (not like RHEL and others where such a
change happens during new major releases) so there should be also a time frame
to warn users about such a change.

I remember endless discussions about the removal of apache13 after it was
already deprecated nearly one year after upstream deprecation ...
Just provide the patch for the change and warn the user about the change, now,
just do not MFH it to the quarterly branch, so the user willing to keep apache22
for a while can live on the quarterly branch for the next 3 months :)

I don't see the problem for the people using 9.3 packages, if they want
stability they will stay on quarterly branch which still provides by default
apache22 for 3 month.

Hopefully when pkg 1.3 will land we will be able to add new feature to the ports
tree aka build the apache module for all supported apache version leading to
anyone using package being able to chose the apache version they what whatever
the default is (but we are not there yet :))
One would have hoped that mod_perl2 would have had this removed first:

.if ${APACHE_VERSION} > 22
BROKEN= Does not build with apache24
.endif

Just my small (557 packages) build set:

====>> Skipped ports: devel/bugzilla44 devel/p5-Log-Dispatch
www/p5-Apache-DBI www/p5-HTML-Mason www/p5-HTML-Mason-PSGIHandler
www/p5-MasonX-Profiler www/p5-RT-Authen-ExternalAuth www/p5-libapreq2
www/rt40

Michelle

I believe that this has been fixed for at least since Sept 2014. There is a 'test and debugging' version of mod_perl2 that appears to have the required mods/changes, but they have not been rolled into the upstream distribution.

I wonder what happened to the mod_perl updating process...

--
Patrick Powell                 Astart Technologies
papow...@astart.com            1530 Jamacha Rd, Suite X