On 08/25/15 19:53, Stefan Esser wrote:

I have seen that kind of failure when the port was built on a system
that had www/libwww installed. In that case libmd5.so from libwww is
linked to samba in preference of the system's libmd.so.

Thanks Stefan.
I had seen one of your messages, but did not quite understand it. I wrote you in July, but the message was probably lost.

I sent a note to the port's maintainer, a few weeks ago, but apparently
he did not apply the patch I included, which fixes the port.

In case you have libwww installed, you can simply temporarily deinstall
it while you build samba42.

This worked.
Notice however that it was not enough to rebuild samba42.
The problem went away when I issued "portupgrade -Rf samba42", so is your patch possibly needed in some dependency too?

Maybe we should open a bug report?

 bye & Thanks
        av.