> On Sep 12, 2015, at 11:44 PM, Andrey Cherkashin <andor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey, any luck with this port?

It’s not finished yet. This is as far as I have gotten:

https://github.com/pusateri/ports/tree/master/www/libchromiumcontent

I got discouraged by how un-portable the Atom code is and how they have
hardcoded binary downloads upon downloads of node, iojs, etc. and the sheer
number of components that need ported that all use their own copies of
downloaded binaries. It’s spaghetti.

They had #!/bin/bash hardcoded everywhere. A few of us submitted pull requests
to get them changed to #!/bin/env bash and got some of them removed but then
some bug reports surfaced for problems on MacOSX and they undid at least one of
them.

The Atom guys were really nice and helpful but they aren’t focused on
portability and so it’s a tough road.

There’s about 50 components and so it can be done but it’s going to take
perseverance.

Tom