On 14/02/2016 11:25, Michelle Sullivan wrote:
Kevin Oberman wrote:
My experience is that pkg(8) has been wonderfully robust since 1.3. before
1.3 it was a real pain in the neck, though I never had a need to rebuild
the DB, I did ave to do a bit of fix-up. I really, really wish Bapt had
listened and held up the default to pkg for a bit. Much as I like it, it
really was not ready for prime time when it became the default. The early
issues chased too many people away. E.g. you.
Nailed it!
The problem with that is its a chicken and egg situation, without it hitting prime time it likely wouldn't have got the needed use to identify and subsequently fix the issues you're referring to; at the very least it would have slowed that process down :(

    Regards
    Steve