On 22 Feb 2016, at 09:01, Tijl Coosemans <t...@freebsd.org> wrote:

> I think Fortran is fine.  It's C++ that's in a bad shape.  I think the
> lang/gcc* ports need to be modified so libstdc++ sits on top of libcxxrt
> instead of libsupc++.  Maybe David can say more about that (CCed).

Ideally, they should be modified to just use libc++.  I thought that bapt had
done this, but I might have misremembered.  Mixing libstdc++ and libc++ is fine
if both sit on top of libcxxrt and no standard library types cross library
boundaries, but is problematic otherwise (the good news is that you’ll get
linker failures if they do try to cross library boundaries, unless they’re
thrown as exceptions).

David