Hey George :)

Glad to hear that this will actually be useful for someone.

Doug

On 02/23/2016 06:09 PM, George Michaelson wrote:
thanks for this doug. we need to do this, this is hugely useful to us.

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 2:57 PM, Doug Barton <do...@dougbarton.us
<mailto:do...@dougbarton.us>> wrote:

    Howdy,

    I'm currently working on a project that requires multiple instances
    of named to run on the same server. So I took some time to modify
    the rc.d script to support that robustly.

    The original concept for rc.d was that it should be easy to run
    multiple instances of the same service, using a mechanism similar to
    the one here. However that original mechanism was not ever/widely
    used. As a result some of the code was removed, some of it rotted,
    etc. It's still *relatively* easy to do, and hopefully the notes
    included in the patch explain the process sufficiently.

    FWIW, I don't care if the patch is incorporated anywhere or not. But
    since the work is already done I thought I'd share it in case it's
    useful to someone.

    best regards,

    Doug