On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 10:12:07 -0700, Christoph Brinkhaus wrote:

Hello Andrea,

Hello and thanks for your help.

I have tried the first video I get from youtube without problems.
May be you post an url where the crash occurs.

I can just go to youtube.it/com and choose a random one; e.g.:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrJLzq_coUg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbVEXCh63pQ

(Please forgive me for linking that crap, but you asked it :)

The options I use are
according to pkg info
ALSA : on
BUNDLED_CAIRO : off
CANBERRA : off
DBUS : on
DEBUG : off
DTRACE : off
FFMPEG : on
GCONF : off
GIO : on
GNOMEUI : off
GTK2 : on
GTK3 : off
INTEGER_SAMPLES: off
LIBPROXY : off
OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS: off
PGO : off
PROFILE : off
PULSEAUDIO : off
TEST : off

I had:
        ALSA           : off
        BUNDLED_CAIRO  : on
        CANBERRA       : off
        DBUS           : on
        DEBUG          : off
        DTRACE         : on
        FFMPEG         : on
        GCONF          : off
        GIO            : on
        GNOMEUI        : off
        GTK2           : off
        GTK3           : on
        INTEGER_SAMPLES: off
        LIBPROXY       : off
        OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS: on
        PGO            : off
        PROFILE        : off
        PULSEAUDIO     : on
        RUST           : on
        TEST           : off

However, I tried your set of options (with RUST on and off, since you don't have it): things didn't change, still crashing.

> The version is 45.0.1,1

45.0.1_3,1, here, but I also went through 45.0.1,1, which crashed in the same way.

May be you try pkg_libchk from sysutils/bsdadminscripts
if the libraries are in order.

I used sysutil/libchk, which should do more or less the same thing: there were some unresolved references in binaries which should not be related to FireFox: I solved that, but it's still crashing.
Any other thing to check?

Do you have an i386 kernel?

Yes.

I am not sure if there might be a possible issue.

Any pointer on that?
*If* firefox is incompatible with i386 I might switch, but it's going to be a very long work; so I'd like to get some hint about this before I venture myself in such a trouble.

When I have started using FreeBSD I thought amd64 is just for AMD processors.
But amd64 is also ok for Intel.

I know the difference.
However this box's install predates amd64: I was using it more than 10 years ago (5.x or 6.x possibly) and it's still there through several hardware and software upgrades. Until now I haven't found any good reason to drop everything and reinstall from scratch...

> This is likely the newest one. I am not completely up to date because
> I mostly upgrade only when there are vulnerabilities.

So do I, but I've gone through every minor update since I'm experiencing these crashes.

 bye & Thanks
        av.