On 3/12/2016 12:46 AM, Ruslan Makhmatkhanov wrote:
Julian Elischer wrote on 12/02/2016 17:19:
On 29/11/2016 1:57 PM, Ruslan Makhmatkhanov wrote:
Julian Elischer wrote on 11/29/2016 08:34:
Ruslan, I'm just wondering if the 404 is supposed to be removed from the
email address....

I have it running but it insists on installing the entire JDK. Is it
possible to use just the JRE?

If I understand correctly there is no way to depend just upon JRE in Mk/bsd.java.mk, so this is the reason why it depends upon the whole JDK. But you may try something like
that would seem odd there must be hundreds of packages that just want the runtime.
Maybe someone in ports@ can comment?  (CC'd)

-USE_JAVA=       yes
-JAVA_VERSION=   1.7+
+JAVA=/usr/local/openjdk7/bin/java
+BUILD_DEPENDS+=java/openjdk7-jre
+RUN_DEPENDS+=java/openjdk7-jre

to build a local package that only depends upon JRE 1.7.

also the 1.7+ in effect means 1.8. even if 1.7 is installed the pkg will force an install of 1.8.

Afaik the address is correct. I was able to google some of his mailing
list submissions from that email:
https://marc.info/?a=137339713800014&r=1&w=4

If there would be no response from Sergey till the end of the week,
I'll try to answer myself. Maybe jython port just needs some
actualization in respect of JRE version. As far I understand, the
problem you are expecting was introduced into ports infrastructure at
some point after the jython update.

Btw, has you tried to just build the port itself with enforcing
version 1.7? I'm not yet sure, but it looks like java 1.8 is now
default java version in ports tree. This is why pkg insisting on
installation of 1.8