please work on having the "Latest" image in a directory that has the cvs revision number in its name

and make the current names just be links to there.

I ONCE AGAIN (for the third time) got half of one release (432891) and half of another (433120) because the newest snapshot of the pkgs was replaced half way through my process of downloading a large set of packages. Then a couple of days later I managed to get all the files of 433274, but by the time I got to downloading the metadata it was changed to the next snapshot (433341), making my mirror pointless. (unless there is a script I can run to regenerate the metadata from the actual files. (I'm guessing there is).

Please consider keeping two copies, at any time. this measn that someonewho starts copying the latest set has at least a couple of days to get it.

So FreeBSD http://pkg.freebsd.org/FreeBSD:10:amd64/latest/ would be a link to the latest but someone who followed the link 20 minutes earlier and was copying files would keep getting a consistent set.

the actual backing set would be called

something like:

FreeBSD-pkg/head/r433274/FreeBSD:10:amd64/All

and the next would be:

FreeBSD-pkg/head/r433341/FreeBSD:10:amd64/All

then

FreeBSD-pkg/head/r433529/FreeBSD:10:amd64/All

etc. (real snapshot numbers)

but
http://pkg.freebsd.org/FreeBSD:10:amd64/latest/ would always point to the latest one.

this would ensure that I don't keep getting HALF A RELEASE!