On Wed, 15 Feb 2017, Kevin Oberman wrote:

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Warren Block <wbl...@wonkity.com> wrote:

      The ports tree still thinks llvm37 is really needed by some of these, and
trying to pkg delete llvm37 wants to also delete many installed applications.
This seems wrong, but I have seen zero information about this before, so maybe
it is
      not just my system.  I'd be willing to update docs about this, provided
someone can clarify just what information needs to be there.  `pkg delete -f
llvm37' to just delete that, then an entry in make.conf to force llvm39?

This is odd. I had llvm34 through llvm39. I only found one dependency when I
deleted them, an old version of clang. (Deleted it, too.) this is on a system
with full MATE desktop and almost 1500 ports. I'm really curious what might
have been showing
a run dependency on 37. Did you try re-building them so that they would depend
on llvm39? Note: I did not have to do this on my 11-STABLE system which has by
far the most ports installed.)

My system was in an interesting state due to testing the experimental xorg from https://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/newxorg.diff

I have updated the ports tree and am rebuilding now. I don't know if that diff has been updated to apply to the present ports tree yet.