On 06/21/17 20:09, Ryan Frederick wrote:
Andrea,

I took a look at ports-mgmt/jailaudit, and it works a bit differently
than ports-mgmt/nagios-check_ports. jailaudit makes a list of packages
installed in the jail and runs pkg(8) audit outside of the jail against
the list. nagios-check_ports, on the other hand, calls pkg(8) audit with
the -j option to run inside the jail and thus requires a copy of
vuln.xml within the jail.

That's what I suspected.

I would suggest running `pkg audit -F` within the jails regularly or
setup something to copy vuln.xml into the jails.

That being said I do have a bugfix to commit upstream that unbreaks
checking for updates within a jail from outside the jail. I'll hopefully
get that released soon.

I'm in no hurry, so I can wait for soon :)

Thanks for your work.

 bye
        av.