Quoting Stefan Esser <s...@freebsd.org> (from Wed, 27 Sep 2017 14:35:24 +0200):

Am 26.09.17 um 16:05 schrieb Mathieu Arnold:
Hi,

**Do not commit FLAVORS to any ports, a hook will prevent it, that being
said, do try it and test what can be done.**

To test this feature in poudriere, you need
poudriere-devel-3.1.99.20170621 or later.

This has been a long awaiting feature, most of the work has been done by
bapt, bdrewery and antoine, I am just the one actually doing the
announce and commit and all.

All this information, and more to come are in the first link to our wiki
in the bottom block. A roadmap is in the second link.

To define a different flavors in a port, before any include, set:

FLAVORS=  flavor1 flavor2 [...]

The first flavor in the list will be the default.

One question regarding the naming of packages:

The default flavour should probably(?) lead to a package with the same
name as created without flavours.

This implies either an implicit default flavor-name, or stripping of the flavor-name in the package-name if it is the first listed flavor.

And if a flavor-ised port gets a different name, shouldn't we standardize on the name of the default-flavor (which makes it obsolete to list in FLAVORS then)?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net alexan...@leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF