> John did state that he would continue to support synth. I can't say if he
> has continued to make contributions. In any case, only poudriere is
> available for maintaining ports in HEAD and I, for one, feel that it is
> simply unacceptable as it make FreeBSD unusable for those of us with only
> "small" systems where the weight poudriere simply can't be justified. (I
> have no system with other than SATA disk drives and, for my current needs,
> 1 TB of SATA on my development system and .5TB on my production system is
> adequate. Both systems are physically constrained in expansion capability,
> though otherwise easily meet my requirements.

> As a result, I am no longer able to track HEAD and, if the issue is not
> resolved in some manner before 11 support ends, will be forced to move from
> FreeBSD after an using it for over 2 decades. I certainly hope that this is
> not what happens.

> Kevin Oberman, Part time kid herder and retired Network Engineer

I keep svn-updating 11-STABLE and HEAD, but the ino64 issue with some ports
including gcc(5,6)-aux holds me back from activity on HEAD.

But conceivably there could be a fix in the future.

I also keep cvs-updating NetBSD-HEAD and pkgsrc.

On FreeBSD, I am also miffed by the lack of support for my Realtek 8111E/8168
chip on MSI Z77 MPOWER motherboard, especially after that Ethernet worked for a
time, and still does for Linux (System Rescue CD) and NetBSD.

Synth and pkgng in pkgsrc seem to be falling into desuetude; gcc6-aux is broken
for NetBSD (stated in the Makefile).

I wonder also about the status of synth and possibly poudriere on DragonFlyBSD,
idly curious in that I am more favorably impressed by Linux or Haiku, compared
to DragonFlyBSD.

Tom