On 27/12/17 7:14 am, Dave Horsfall wrote:
aneurin# freebsd-version
10.4-RELEASE-p5
aneurin# which lsof
/usr/local/sbin/lsof
aneurin# lsof > /dev/null
lsof: WARNING: compiled for FreeBSD release 10.3-RELEASE-p22; this is 10.4-RELEASE-p3.
aneurin# pkg upgrade lsof
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
Your packages are up to date.
aneurin#

Building it from ports updated it (as I probably did before), but should not the binary have been updated?  Or are binaries not available for all ports (I guess)?

there is no per release active branch for pkgs, just one for the whole branch.

Because we keep binary compatibility we compile for the oldest supported branch. Maybe we should change the test to be less specific, but lsof breaks a lot of rules so maybe it matters more than in other programs.