On 3 Mar, 2018, at 8:19, blubee blubeeme <gurenc...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 11:16 PM, blubee blubeeme <gurenc...@gmail.com>
wrote:

On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 11:16 PM, blubee blubeeme <gurenc...@gmail.com>
wrote:

I am trying to update cad/brlcad to the latest version 7.26.4 so I edit
the makefile bumping up the port version and the port revision.

Then I remove the old distfile and try running make makesum:

Pre-emptive send!

Anyways the fetch phase fails and returns:

Again!!

The fetch phase fails with this:

make makesum
=> brlcad-7.26.4.tar.bz2 doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
=> Attempting to fetch
https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/brlcad/BRL-CAD%20Source/7.26.4/brlcad-7.26.4.tar.bz2
brlcad-7.26.4.tar.bz2                         100% of  652  B 3537 kBps
00m00s

If I manually go to the url:
https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/brlcad/BRL-CAD%20Source/7.26.4/brlcad-7.26.4.tar.bz2

In my browsers, I can download the file no problem.

Is there a way to clear cache or something, why is the fetch phase failing
with sourceforge?

The problem is just the downloads.sourceforge.net server, which is pretty terrible (slow as molasses) even when it works.

One of the first things I do on a new server is add
        127.0.0.0   downloads.sourceforget.net
to /etc/hosts.conf

Do that and the port will fetch fine for you. Perhaps we should demote downloads.sf.net in bsd.sites.mk.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
ad...@adamw.org