Hi all,

If someone with knowledge on cross-compiling could have a look at PR 225377, I
would be very grateful.
I am the maintainer of the port concerned) and I understand the concern of the
reporter.
For all I know, the solution proposed in the PR is just a band-aid that would
hide the issue (and possible create new ones) instead of solving it.
However, having failed to really grasp how a port *should* behave when it comes
to cross-compiling, I might be utterly mistaken and thus I am reaching out to
you all in the hopes that someone can help resolve this.

Thanks for any and all help.

Martin