On 2018/05/17 19:18, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> John, no, not really, sorry. Work is done, credit is given. The form and
> amount of this credit is between whoever does the work and whoever is
> being credited. I don't see why is there any third-party to be involved
> in governing whether or not this credit is "appropriate", "sufficient"
> or "all encompassing" for the work in question. This is just a credit,
> it does not affect the quality of work, nor the license (which is
> 2-clause BSD) nor the copyright holder. Three things that really matter
> long-time. So "Sponsored by" it's just the message on the t-shirt,
> having only meaning to whoever produces the piece and whoever wears it,
> but nothing in particular to the outside world. IMHO.

I fear that you and I are still not on the same page. The difference
between a t-shirt and a commit message is that two or three or four
people can all do work on the same commit, but only one person can wear
a t-shirt.

Taking the analogy further, if you hang a t-shirt with your employer's
logo on a piece of work that you and I collaborated to produce, don't
you think my employer might feel slighted? What if I had done 80% of the
work?

--
John W. O'Brien
OpenPGP keys: