On 11/09/2018 1:36 am, Todd Wasson wrote:
> Hi all, I recently restarted weechat for the first time in awhile (1-2
> months), and now it can't load ruby.so because of:
>
> Error: unable to load plugin "/usr/local/lib/weechat/plugins/ruby.so"
> /usr/local/lib/weechat/plugins/ruby.so: Undefined symbol "ruby_version"
>
> `strings /usr/local/lib/weechat/plugins/ruby.so` reveals that ruby_version
> is in the file.  I first saw this with the binary pkg installation, but
> I've rebuilt weechat from source from the ports tree and that didn't
> resolve the problem.  I also updated to 11.2-RELEASE after I first saw
> this, which also had no effect, incidentally.  ktrace revealed nothing
> useful, and I'm not sure what I should look for with dtrace.
>
> Any thoughts?  I suspect this is more likely to be a FreeBSD-specific
> problem than a general weechat problem, as I see no reports (other than a
> random pastebin paste) of this anywhere online.  Any help would be
> appreciated!
>

> Todd

Hi Todd,

I can confirm the issue, also present on CURRENT using ports (so not
specific to packages or freebsd versions), after updating to weechat 2.2
(and ruby 2.4.4). Rebuilding both does not resolve the issue.

Best course of action is to report the issue so that at least the issue
is logged, and the maintainer (cc'd) can investigate:

"irc/weechat: Fails to load ruby plugin after update to 2.2 (Undefined
symbol "ruby_version)"

Feel free to CC me on it.

./koobs