The powerpc64-gcc port and all the ports that use it as a master (aarch64-gcc,
aarch64-none-elf-gcc, amd64-gcc, arm-none-eabi-gcc, i386-gcc, mips-gcc,
mips64-gcc, and sparc64-gcc) are very old and use buggy makefiles. I would like
to take over maintenance of these ports. Powerpc64-gcc uses an old version of
gcc and the makefile is buggy. Certain variables use bad regular expressions
thus don't do what they're supposed to do. I've fixed up the makefiles and made
new plists with a newer version of gcc.

- James Shuriff