from Andrea Venturoli:

> While continuing this thread down the slope it got (with useless arguments on
> netiquette, release engineering, supposed NFS incompatibilities, etc...) is a
> nonsense, I think half the OP's original question still holds, i.e.: what
> viable browsers (other than FireFox) do we have available in the port
> collection?

> Some times ago, when PaleMoon was removed, I felt the need to find an
> alternative.
> Searching the www categories and excluding text-only browsers, still yields a
> lot of results.
> Some are too lightweight (read: they can't make "modern"
> useless-javascript-crap-infested sites work), some just crash... trying them
> all would be a huge task.

> So I hoped to collect experiences on this.

I was favorably impressed by Otter Browser, but have not been able to update
because my FreeBSD installation, 11.1-STABLE, is too far behind for updating
ports.

I can see Dillo and Netsurf are too lightweight, not up to the gymnastics
required by modern crap-infested websites.

I would also like to try to build Midori again, a more modern version than
0.5.11.

Tom